The Italian Touch


When Mercedes has to leave her beloved Napoli to stay with her English cousin she is less than happy about it. First of all there is the weather...


I am not looking forward to staying in England, it is always raining. At home in Napoli the sun is still shining and I wish I was there. But Papa, dear Papa, has decided I must come to this miserable little island and stay with my English cousin for six weeks”

and then there are the English...

I wonder what my cousin Lydia will be like, I expect she will be boring, English girls are not allowed to have fun. They probably don"t even know how.

Enter Lydia's fiance, Henry, and his friend James:

Henry is tall, dark and handsome in an English sort of way and, surprisingly, he has a spark of life about him but I notice that he is not alone: there is another young man slightly behind him. He is as blonde as Henry is dark. He seems nervous.
Mix all four together at a summer ball in a country house, throw in a summer house and what could possibly go wrong?

Extracts from “The Italian Job”, Short Story #2 from 

Not Just For...Twisted Women by Steve DanielsA light-hearted look at life through the eyes of the fairer sex. 
Kindle Edition 1.99 pounds sterling (or equivalent).
Paperback edition will be available in time for Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Quick Guide To Creepy-Crawlies

An Interview with Lyn T Osbaldeston

Never Judge a Book...